Options

Treatment of Indices with a local git repo

janjan Posts: 3
edited July 23, 2015 8:36AM in Source Control for Oracle
Hello,

First of all: well done for developing the tool!

I'm using Source control for Oracle Version: 3.0.1.393 with a local git repo.
I noticed that each time I try to check in a schema which contains indices there is an error like:
"Failed to parse file C:Users---AppDataLocalRed GateSource Control for Oracle 3Transients
vgagbim.cb4FNC_INT_SAPPMIndexesSYS_C00394725.sql - Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

When I untick all indices the checkin goes OK.
Waiting for a solution to this problem, I have also a quesion: Is there a way of choosing types of objects to include in version control?
For main schemas, I have too many indices to untick them all.

Many Thanks,
Jan

Comments

• Options
    You can use object filters (right click on the projects screen). However this is a less than brilliant UI and we're going to be improving the flexibility in a future release.

It's easy to exclude all indexes by unticking the index box or you can create an exclude criteria based on substring.

http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... ng+objects

It's most interesting to me that we tried to commit what seems to be a system index as generally these should be excluded. Is there any chance you can post some example code that creates an index like this - or send it to support@red-gate.com.

Hope this helps.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Thank you for the answer. The index (non system) is created like this:
    CREATE UNIQUE INDEX fnc_int_sappm.sys_c00394725 ON fnc_int_sappm.xmlvalidator(NULL);

I tried unchecking "indexes" type of objects. For existing projects which have errors it does not help - the filter is ignored, the error persists - in effect, I can't "share" them as described in the doc you mentioned.
    For newly created projects in new directory it works fine so I'm making a progress! It there some way to exclude objects from existing projects once an error is reported for a given object?

P.S. For some reason I didn't get a notification despite having ticked the " Notify me when a reply is posted" field.
  • Options
    You'll probably have to remove the offending index.sql files from your disk to stop the system failing to parse the files.

The best way is to remove the project, remove the files from source control and then re-create the project.

Far from ideal I'm afraid.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd