Options

What SQL 2008 Support means?

DrekavacDrekavac Posts: 2
edited August 1, 2008 10:28AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hello,

Can you be more specific about what this full 2008 support means? Does this mean all objects like resource pools supported, database and server audits and also full support of SQL 2008 for tables comparison: all new data types etc…? We are going to use most of new SQL 2008 features on both production and deployment servers and this information is crucial for us.

Thanks,
Drekavac

Comments

• Options
    It'd be nice to know the specifics I agree

I can tell you firsthand that those are supported by SQL Compare 7 on SQL 2008
    spatial index
    full-text catalog
    Jerry Hung
    DBA, MCITP
  • Options
    Michelle TMichelle T Posts: 566 Gold 1
    We support all new data types, all new index types and options, row and page compression, the new fulltext implementation (including stoplists as database-level objects), filestreams, stored procedures etc containing merge statements and the new insert syntax, user-defined table types, and probably a bunch of other things I've forgotten to list.

There's one thing that you might encounter problems with: tables with change tracking. We haven't quite finished support for this, so change tracking won't currently be synchronized.

SQL Compare has never supported server-level objects (as opposed to database-level objects), so most of the audit, resource governor and similar objects aren't supported - having them on your server shouldn't affect SQL Compare, but they won't be compared or synchronized.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Also, the parser currently can't read in any script files with CREATE/ALTER/DROP EVENT SESSION statements in it - we discovered this new syntax during final install testing, too late to be included in the release build. This will be fixed in the next release.