Options

IISException

Hi,
I am trying to run ANTS profiler and it keeps on complaining "Ambiguous site selection - at least two sites match the same port binding (with wildcard IP address and no hostname)"

any suggestions on how to fix this.

here is the exception
Unable to start profiler - exception details RedGate.Profiler.Engine.IIS.IISException: Ambiguous site selection - at least two sites match the same port binding (with wildcard IP address and no hostname)

Server stack trace:
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.IISUtilities._1(String )
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController._1(WebApplicationDefinition )
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController.StartProfilingIIS(String currentUserName, String& url, WebApplicationDefinition appDef)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfilingSession.StartProfiler()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at System.Windows.Forms.MethodInvoker.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at _5._4(IAsyncResult )

For more information, see Help and Support Center

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

I believe the meaning of this is that your IIS has multiple websites installed, and two of them are listening on the same TCP port. Unfortunately, I don't think ANTS Profiler will tell you which two (or three...) are ambiguous. You can check the site's host and port bindings by right-clicking the site in IIS manager, selecting properties, and then the Advanced button.

ANTS Profiler uses the address specified in the URL that you'd given to it for profiling to query the IIS metabase and determine which files are to be loaded into its' application pool.
  • Options
    Thanks. That worked. I changed the port number and i am able to run the profiler.