Options

SqlPrompt 3.5 RC / VS2005 Metadata problem

RBeaubienRBeaubien Posts: 26 Bronze 2
edited July 18, 2007 10:58AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Ver 3.5.0.000323 is not getting database info when opening stored procedures in the Server Explorer in Visual Studio 2005. It is formatting the SQL commands correctly, but no table information. I have added connection info to the prompt options already and it works properly in SQL Management Studio.
- Robert Beaubien
- Kool Software

Comments

• Options
    Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi Robert,

Sorry to see you're having problems. Can you give us a list of steps to reproduce this please as at the moment I'm slightly unsure of what's happening.

Thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • Options
    I rebooted to make sure everything loaded properly.

Right clicked on SQL Prompt icon and set my defaults (added some completion keys, and added servers to the connection list).

Then opened Visual Studio 2005 (SP1 + Vista Refresh SP1), opened connection in Server Explorer, then opened stored procedure. Prompt is available for sql commands, but does not have any db data loaded. When I do this in SQL Management Studio, it shows a faded popup in lower right corner indicating it is loading the db information. This does not happen when using VS2005.
    - Robert Beaubien
    - Kool Software
  • Options
    Got it, thanks. The issue seems to be happening because we're not able to get the connection properties for the database in question. We're looking into it now. In the meantime if you associate the database with a database project you should find that it works better.

Thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • Options
    By database project, I assume you are talking about projects created with Visual Studio Team Edition for Database Professionals?
    - Robert Beaubien
    - Kool Software
  • Options
    Whoops, no, I should have been a bit clearer about that. We don't support Data Dude. Click on File > New > Project, then expand the "Other Project Types" node in the wizard and select "Database Project" and carry on from there. If that's not available in your particular version of VS please let me know and we'll try to get a fix out to you as soon as it's available. As I say, we're looking into it now.
    Thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd