Registering SQL Server Instances

EdwarddEdwardd Posts: 9
edited March 15, 2007 10:27AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
1st:
The help has the following under "Registering SQL Server Instances":

Importing SQL Server instances from Enterprise Manager
On the File menu, click New SQL Server Registration.
The Register SQL Server wizard is displayed.

Select the Import structure from Enterprise Manager check box, and click Next.
The Register SQL Server Messages dialog box is displayed. SQL Backup imports the SQL Server instances and displays any messages in the Status box.

Click Finish.

I dont seem to see this checkbox "Import structure from Enterprise Manager check box"

2nd:
When I try register a SQL server, I enter the name in the "Available Servers:" box and click the "Add >" button, but nothing happens. It only seems to work if I select one of the servers in the list.

3rd: (bug) "Register SQL Server" window:
If I select a server and click the "Add >" button and then select that same server from the Added servers list I cannot click the "< Remove" button as its still disabled. (only works once adding a second server and then selecting that server and re-selecting the original server).

Tested in V4.6.0.815

Comments

• 1st:
    I dont seem to see this checkbox "Import structure from Enterprise Manager check box"

You only see this check box if you have Enterprise Manager installed on the client machine. If you have Management Studio installed this option won't appear.
    2nd:
    When I try register a SQL server, I enter the name in the "Available Servers:" box and click the "Add >" button, but nothing happens. It only seems to work if I select one of the servers in the list.

I can't reproduce this. What OS are you running SQL Backup on?
    3rd: (bug) "Register SQL Server" window:
    If I select a server and click the "Add >" button and then select that same server from the Added servers list I cannot click the "< Remove" button as its still disabled. (only works once adding a second server and then selecting that server and re-selecting the original server).

yes this is a bug, apologies. This will be rectified in the next version of SQL Backup. You have worked out the workaround.
    Helen Joyce
    SQL Backup Project Manager
    Red Gate Software