Options

Couldn't look up the account name (1332)

Hi,

I installed the trial version of the ANTS Profiler 2.6.

I'm trying to profile a web app that works on .net 1.1.

When I try to start profiler I get this error :

"Couldn't look up the account name (1332)".

Environment : XP Pro Service Pack2, .net 1.1 and 2.0 installed, VS2003.

I checked the machine.config process model and the rights of the ASPNET account.
I checked the forum also, but could not find anything useful for my case.

And this is what I get from application log :

Unable to start profiler - exception details System.Exception: Couldn't look up the account name (1332)

Server stack trace:
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController._8(String )
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController._7(String )
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController.StartProfilingIIS(String currentUserName, String url)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(MethodBase mb, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfilingSession.StartProfiler()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(MethodBase mb, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at System.Windows.Forms.MethodInvoker.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at _3._4(IAsyncResult )

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

I have a feeling that your ASP .NET web application isn't running as the ASPNET account on the local computer. Please check %systemroot%\microsoft.net\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config. Under the processModel section, this tells you the ASPNET account. I'd assume that it's either a username and password that's encrypted in your registry or it's the fact that you're logged in as a local computer user and ASP .NET is running as a domain user. In the last case, your local account doesn't have rights to Active Directory to look up a domain account and this would cause the error you're getting.
  • Options
    Thanks but I already check them.

Then at machine.config at processmodel I replaced the username "machine" with "SYSTEM" . Now it works.

support.microsoft.com/?kbid=895967