Unmanaged memory issue by modules "agcore" and "npctrl".

ALSCALSC Posts: 3
edited May 1, 2014 3:08AM in ANTS Memory Profiler 8
We have a Silverlight 5 application in which we have a memory leak. As far as we can see in the ANTS memory Profiler, the leak is in the unmanaged code, and expecially the two modules acgore and npctrl which increases significantly during the running time of the application.
From the profile result it is hard to see excatly why these increase in memory.
Also searching the web has not providing much inside on these two modules and what their role is. So has anyone any idea about what they do and where a possible memory leak can happen due to these?

Allan Christensen
Systems developer
[/img]

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi there,

Thanks for your post!

You've probably found this from your web searches, but what I've found is that agcore.dll is the Silverlight core dll used mostly for drawing, and npctrl.dll is the plugin used to host the Silverlight runtime in a browser and interact with it.

Have you tried looking at the class list to see which classes are using the most unmanaged memory? That will hopefully shed light on the high usage of the Silverlight libraries.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Thanks for the quick reply.
    Yes I looked at the Class list and here i could see that the class holding most of the unmanaged code is
    namespace:MS.Internal
    Class name: NaticeObjectSafeHandle

Unfortunatly i cannot find much information about this class, and if i go to the Instance categorizer or the Instance retention graph, I cannot determine the cause of problem since the graphs are just to complex.

Any idea what this class is doing?