Options

Different results between application and command line

PaulGoldstrawPaulGoldstraw Posts: 14
edited February 5, 2014 6:51AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi,

I am currently trialling SQL Compare using the command line, and seem to be getting some slightly odd results. I have tried to include an image of what I get in the application itself, which shows there to be no difference detected in any of the rows shown.

SQLCompare.png

When I make the same comparison on the command line, I get the following report output:

<line type="same">
	   <left>[rowguid] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL ROWGUIDCOL CONSTRAINT [DF_Address_rowguid] DEFAULT (newid()),</left>
	   <right>[rowguid] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL ROWGUIDCOL CONSTRAINT [DF_Address_rowguid] DEFAULT (newid()),</right>
</line>
<line type="same">
	   <left>[ModifiedDate] [datetime] NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_Address_ModifiedDate] DEFAULT (getdate())</left>
	   <right>[ModifiedDate] [datetime] NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_Address_ModifiedDate] DEFAULT (getdate())</right>
</line>
<line type="same">
	   <left>)</left>
	   <right>)</right>
</line>
<line type="same">
	   <left>GO</left>
	   <right>GO</right>
</line>
<line type="different">
	   <left>-- Constraints and Indexes</left>
	   <right>-- Constraints and Indexes</right>
</line>
<line type="same">
	   <left />
	   <right />
</line>
<line type="same">
	   <left>ALTER TABLE [Person].[Address] ADD CONSTRAINT [PK_Address_AddressID] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED  ([AddressID])</left>
	   <right>ALTER TABLE [Person].[Address] ADD CONSTRAINT [PK_Address_AddressID] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED  ([AddressID])</right>
</line>
<line type="same">
	   <left>GO</left>
	   <right>GO</right>
</line>

Note the difference detected for the commented line, but the data clearly supports the application's result set; there is no difference. Is this a bug in the command line interface? Is there a setting I need to use to avoid this? I've just got the default settings for both the application and the command line equivalent, with the command line outputting a report to an XML file, but perhaps something is on or off by default that I need to change?

Comments