Still "Unable to detect Base Monitor"

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited January 27, 2014 9:10AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Even following the "resolution" in an earlier 4.0 Base Monitor problem-post, using the App Pool login, I still get the error, "The credentials supplied to the package were not recognized".

The "Test" button shows two green icons - authentication and access to path both OK.

I copied the website path from the installer, as directed, browsed, was instructed to download the base monitor, did so and ran installer.

I copied the Base Monitor computer fully-qualified address and port (7399).

I've DELETED the website and re-Added it. IIS Log files contain precious little, but there is a warning in the RG Website.log:
WARN  RedGate.Response.UI.Website.Infrastructure.DeploymentConfiguration - Failed to load Base monitor configuration from file C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Monitor 4\BaseLocation.config: Port number not set
The config file does have a port number:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><baseMonitorLocation networkName="308003-Demo.iad.intensive.int" portNum="7399" />

IIS6, WS2008SP2 64-bit.

Had to use split-install method because the installer is deemed corrupt (had the perpetual issue with v3.4).

The Base Monitor is functioning fine and emitting email alerts when necessary, so I'm not completely down, but lacking the UI for details and cleanup presents a semi-down situation.

Technical Assistance Requested.

Office hours are 9:30 a.m. to 18:30 M-F PACIFIC TIME.
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments