Options

"left" keyword not changed to uppercase

TampaMikeTampaMike Posts: 5
edited January 23, 2014 11:14AM in SQL Prompt
I have my Options > Format > Case > Reserved Keywords option set to uppercase. It works perfectly, except when I am typing "left" as in LEFT JOIN. It uppercases "join" so I end up with "left JOIN." Has anyone else encountered this? Any fixes/solutions? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Mike,
    I'm having difficulty recreating this is on my machine. Is it only on certain scripts or does it happen every time you use left join?

Thanks!
    Aaron.
  • Options
    Hi Aaron,
    Thank you for the response. It happens every time. I discovered that it also happens with "right." But "inner" and every other reserved word works perfectly fine. This is happening on my office computer as well as my home computer. I am using version 6.2.0.631.
  • Options
    Very odd - I was wondering if we were treating them as an alias and leaving them alone, but if inner is uppercased that's probably not it. Does a FULL JOIN suffer from the same issue?

I'm still not able to recreate it here unfortunately. If you type:
    SELECT * FROM Person.Address LEFT JOIN
    in a new query window on AdventureWorks do you still see the problem?

And just to check, do you have any other addins in SSMS that might be affecting it?
  • Options
    I don't have AdventureWorks installed, so I cannot test that. But using any other database/table combination, left does not uppercase. I tested full and cross, and they do work properly. I don't have any other add-ins installed. I also tried SSMS 2008 and 2012, and it is happening in both.

Is there an xml or config file somewhere that lists the to-capitalize words?
  • Options
    Ah, I think i may have found what's going wrong.

You've got built in functions set to lowercase? I think as left and right are also functions, prompt is probably applying the function casing where it should be applying the reserved word one.

We are planning on releasing a 6.3 beta next week and i'll make sure it contains a fix for this issue.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Options
    I think you're onto something! I actually have built-in functions set to Leave as is. But still, if I'm typing "left" in lowercase, it would be considered leaving as is. Good catch! I'll look forward to that update.
  • Options
    We've just released a 6.3 beta build which should have this fixed in if you'd like to give it a go.