Options

Database Status OFFLINE

jadionnejadionne Posts: 5 Bronze 1
edited August 19, 2013 9:21AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I am having problems finding why my database is showing a status of OFFLINE. I can get to the db in ssms, why is redgate saying it is offline?

any guidance would be great on this.

Comments

• Options
    We are not sure why this happens, but restarting the SQL Server service and then the SQL Monitor Base Monitor service seems to clear it up. This has worked for users who have reported this previously, but please let me know if it does not work for you.
  • Options
    chriskelly wrote:
    We are not sure why this happens, but restarting the SQL Server service and then the SQL Monitor Base Monitor service seems to clear it up. This has worked for users who have reported this previously, but please let me know if it does not work for you.

I completely rebooted the SQL box and restarted the monitor service, but all of the databases are still reporting as off line.

This SQL box is the repository for the monitoring tool, is that a problem?
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply.

There is no issue at all with monitoring the SQL Server instance which hosts the RedGateMonitor database.

Which "monitor service" have you restarted? The "SQL Monitor 3 Base Monitor" service is the important one here.
  • Options
    chriskelly wrote:
    Thank you for your reply.

There is no issue at all with monitoring the SQL Server instance which hosts the RedGateMonitor database.

Which "monitor service" have you restarted? The "SQL Monitor 3 Base Monitor" service is the important one here.

I restarted the SQL Monitor 3 Base and the SQL Monitor Web. Are there any other logs that you need?