Options

Schema Compare breaks on upgrade from 3.0.0.523 to 3.0.0.686

steve Bsteve B Posts: 6
edited July 31, 2013 6:04AM in Schema Compare for Oracle
Bug Report:

Upgraded Schema Compare for Oracle breaks when comparing a database schema VS a script schema created by the old version.

Problem lies in the scripts within the UserObjectPrivileges folder - new version prefixes each object name in these scripts with the owning schema. Scripts created by the old version do NOT include the "schema." prefix before each object name - The missing prefix appears to be what breaks Schema Compare.

Comments

• Options
    Bug Report:

Using Redgate Schema Compare 3.0.0.686 command line to rebuild database schemas from RedGate generated script files.
    We rebuild multiple schemas in one pass - so have an automated run that builds each schema in turn, but logging on each time as the SYSTEM user (this worked fine in 3.0.0.542)
    The schema build scripts generated by Schema Compare for Oracle 3.0.0.686 OMIT THE SCHEMA PREFIX FROM PACKAGE NAMES (in create package and create package body commands) - So when rebuilding the schemas, it attempts to create stored code within the current schema (i.e. SYSTEM)!!
    So after the schema rebuild, we're left with multiple broken schemas that need to be patched up manually.
  • Options
    Hi steve,

Thanks for the bug reports. I'll look into them asap. In the meantime you can revert to 3.0.0.542 using this link:

http://download.red-gate.com/checkforup ... .0.542.exe

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Neil
  • Options
    Hi Neil,

We've currently got workarounds in place, as the capture of table and column comments in the new version outweighs the inconvenience of working around these 2 issues. But looking forward to seeing a version that captures comments AND is a little less buggy.

Thanks
    Steve.
  • Options
    Hi Steve,

I cannot recreate the issue where SC is omitting the schema name from package names. How are you using the command line? Can you send me (oracle@red-gate.com) the project file if that is what you are using?

Does this occur all the time, even when you start afresh from the UI? Or is it just for certain objects?

Thanks,
    Neil