Could not find a part of the path

p_dadeyp_dadey Posts: 3
Hi

I am getting the following error when trying to Commit Changes or Get Latest from SQL Source Control:
"Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 3\Transients\0yq4kpdk.ml3\Stored Procedures\dbo.usp_xxxxxx.sql'"

However I am able to open the file from that location and commit it to Subversion.

I'm not able to use SQL Source Control until I am able to rectify this issue.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

What version of Source control you are on?

You can find the detailed version of Source control by navigating to Help --> About Source Control in SQL Source control tab in SSMS. Also check if any update is available at Help --> Check for Updates?

If you are on the latest version and there are no update to apply try the following steps:

If you have only this single database connected to your repository using Redgate Source control follow below mentioned steps:

1. Unlink the database.

2. Close SSMS

3. Go into %localappdata%\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 34. Delete everything in Transients\ and WorkingBases. Open SSMS

6. Relink the database.

If you have multiple databases connected to your repository using Redgate Source control follow below mentioned steps:

1. Right-click on the 'Linked to' path in SSMS

2. Select "show working base" that'll open the right folder in explorer

3. Unlink the database.

4. Close SSMS

5. Delete everything in Transients\ and WorkingBases\ sub-folders opened by SOC when you followed step 2. You need to look for any other unwanted folders created by SOC (make sure they are related to that database) and delete them as well

6. Open SSMS

7. Relink the database.

Let me know how you get on with it.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Hi Anu

Thanks for your reply. I needed to upgrade from 3.0 top the latest version of SSC 3.4 to find the 'Linked to' path in SSMS to delete everything in the Transients\ and WorkingBases folders.

But once I did that and followed the rest of your steps SSC is back up and running.

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers