Command line & filter shenanigans

SpudSpud Posts: 23
edited April 8, 2013 6:51AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I've a couple of saved projects that I'm using from the command line to compare a database with TFS.
One of my databases has a large number of asp.net related tables which all include "aspnet" in the table name, and I'm trying to filter these out.

To start I created the filter via the gui in the .scp file, but it seems as if it isn;t picked up. (Extract from the scp file..)
<Table version="1">
<Include>False</Include>
<Expression>(@NAME LIKE 'xx%') OR (@NAME LIKE 'aspnet%')</Expression>
</Table>

I've then created a filter again through the GUI, and am calling it from the command line with the /filter switch, but again it isn't being used. (extract from the .scpf file)
<Table version="1">
<Include>False</Include>
<Expression>(@NAME LIKE 'xx%') OR (@NAME LIKE 'aspnet%')</Expression>
</Table>

If I change the /filter switch to point to a non-existent file it does error, so presumably it is using the filter switch, and indeed is listed in the output..
Argument /filter has value 'DatabaseNameFilter.scpf'

What am I missing here please?

Here's the full commandline

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Compare 10\sqlcompare.exe" /project:"C:\Users\CIUser\Documents\SQL Compare\SharedProjects\MyDB (Head) v MyDB.scp" /assertidentical /password1:mypassword /include:identical /Report:myreport.html /ReportType:Simple /Options:Default,ForceColumnOrder,IgnoreCollations,oec,IncludeDependencies /verbose /force /filter:MyFilter.scpf >f.txt

Cheers :)

Comments