Options

error:shouldn't be a difference between Head -> Working Base

wtjoneswtjones Posts: 21
I have SSC 3.2.0.27

I have our database linked to a folder in a TFS project. I want to test out some of the comparison options so I tried to unlink/relink to a different folder in the same TFS project. I am getting the error below when trying to bring up the initial commit window. I can still relink to the original folder just fine.

RedGate.Shared.Utils.InvalidStateException: We've just silently retrieved the config from Head, so there shouldn't be a difference between Head -> Working Base
   at RedGate.Shared.Utils.Aver.False(Boolean condition, String message)
   at #mlhb.#Fx1c.#eI1c(ILinkedDatabase , ITransientWorkspace , ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks )
   at #mlhb.#Fx1c.#wh1c(SourceControlOperation #oTc, AssociatedUser #LqAc, ILinkedDatabase #POPb, ComparisonConfigDifference& #2OPb, ITransientWorkspace #cD3c, ICancellableOperationStatus #EqAc, IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks #LOPb, Boolean& #dD3c)
   at #mlhb.#RLZc.#T71b(ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks , SourceControlOperation )
   at #mlhb.#CJ4c.#dRi(IDifferenceSelector #xrWb, ICancellableOperationStatus #KHc, IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks #VHc, ToCommitChangeSet& #Ocsc)
   at #GWeb.#VXM.#mYM[#NrPb](IBoundDatabase , Func`2 , ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks , IDifferenceSelector , Action )
   at #GWeb.#VXM.#jYM(IBoundDatabase , ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks , IDifferenceSelector )
   at #GWeb.#4Ec.#7Jc(ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks , IDifferenceSelector )
   at #GWeb.#4Ec.#y2.#QB7b(ICancellableOperationStatus )
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.MutexedCancellableOperation`1.#u3.#k5f()
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.CancellableOperationBase.InvokeWithTracker(String featureUsageKey, Action action)
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.MutexedCancellableOperation`1.Invoke()
   at #eEc.#Qlg.Invoke()
   at #JLc.#PLc.#Jfb.#EJf()
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SmartAssembly.ExceptionReporting.ErrorReporterBase.Do(Action , Predicate`1 , Boolean )
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SmartAssembly.ExceptionReporting.ErrorReporterBase.DoWithObviousExceptionsRethrowAll(Action action)
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.CommonUI.Forms.ErrorDialog.DoWithObviousExceptionsRethrowAll(Action action)
   at #JLc.#PLc.#CTc(ICancellableOperation`1 , Object )

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

This appears to be a reproducible bug when relinking a database using the shared model. I've informed the development team and sent them some reproduction steps, so it should be something we can fix fairly quickly. Our internal reference for this is SOC-4566.

I think the only workaround I can suggest at this stage is either use the dedicated model when you link, or to take a copy of the database and then link to the new folder. You could use SQL Compare to copy the schema to a new blank database, or restore a backup.

I hope this helps.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Chris
  • Options
    I've had confirmation that this issue should be addressed in the next release. I can't give an exact date, but it should be within about a month or so.
    Chris
  • Options
    sbendayansbendayan Posts: 18 Bronze 1
    I am still getting this error using Git. Any fixes/workarounds?
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm afraid this is quite an old issue dating back to 2013, and occurred before we had any GIT support in the product. I can't say for sure (as I no longer work on the tool), but I would suspect what you're experiencing is a new/different bug.

If you submitted an error report with your email address, our support team should be able to look it up and see if this is a know issue and/or if there are any workarounds that would help.

You can log a request at https://redgatesupport.zendesk.com/home or send an email to support@red-gate.com.

Thanks,

Chris
    Chris