Options

SQL Monitor web site navigation suggestion.

JKGJKG Posts: 3 Bronze 2
edited April 16, 2012 12:12PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I find the SQL Monitor website a little sluggish, not horrible, but when going back and forth between the alert page and details of particular alerts it gets cumbersome. It would help is there were forward and back buttons on the alert details page to navigate between alerts so that you don't always have to go back to the summary page to navigate to the next alerts details.
As for the slowness, all components are installed on the DB server(which is not overtaxed) using the redgate web service. Would installing it within a true IIS site improve response?

Comments

• Options
    We are planning improvements to the Alert Inbox, including Next/Previous buttons on each alert details page. I'll post more when I know timescales.

Regarding the sluggish website, using an IIS web server rather than the SQL Monitor default would improve the performance slightly. In my experience, using a good modern browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE9) would make more of a difference.

Regards
    Chris
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,
    Hosting the website in IIS will result in better performance, particularly if there are a lot of requests being made. I have had a few customers who have switched from the built-in XSP webserver because it was being overwhelmed by a large number of requests. The instructions for hosting in IIS are here: http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/c ... M_UsingIIS