Options

Custom Alert for Log backups of USERS dbs except SYSTEM dbs

new2sqlservernew2sqlserver Posts: 6
edited April 10, 2012 7:24AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I just upgraded to V 3.0 and I know it has the capability to allow you create a custom alert through T-SQL query. Can anyone share a query to create a custom alert for monitoring log backup of ONLY USER databases not including SYSTEM databases. The current alert works for ALL databases and since I don't really backup logs for SYSTEM databases, I keep getting tons of alerts regarding the SYSTEM databases. Any ideas? Help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    You can modify the configuration for the existing alert on the SQL Server instance level or on the database level. So you can disable the alert for the system databases. While you may find that this is a little time consuming to do, it would be far easier than writing a custom metric and alert to do it.
  • Options
    Hi Chris,

How to do you modify existing alert? When I click on the alert all I see my options are is to enable or disable the alert. I don't see a modify or edit alert option. That was actually my initial idea which turns out to be the best for my circumstance. You're right, I'll not like to create a custom alert for this if I can easily modify an the existing alert.

Thanks for your quick response.
  • Options
    On the Alert Settings page (Configuration > Alert Settings is displayed at the top), there is a 'tree' on the left hand side displaying your monitored entities (and groups if appropriate). Select the level that you which to configure for, e.g. a specific database. You will notice that the list of alerts changes so that only those alerts which apply for this level are displayed. Now when you select the alert any changes that you make will only affect the configuration for this level e.g. you can disable the alert for this specific database.

Here is some more information on configuration options:
    http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... 469820.htm