Saved Source Control Source not displayed when opened

StormRiderStormRider Posts: 26
When opening a Saved SQL Data Compare project that has a Source Control source or destination, the saved Repository is not selected.

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

I haven't been able to reproduce your error *exactly*, but I have got a null-reference exception doing exactly the same thing. I've logged a bug for it (SDC-1337) to try to get someone to look at it.

At any rate, the script folder location looks to be getting set to NULL even though you can plainly see it in the project.
  • Any update on this? I am also experiencing this behavior in SQL Data Compare 10.2.0.315. Per the "check for updates" feature, that is the latest version.

What is a little more bizarre is that when I use the Open Project dialog box, it displays both SCP and SDC files. All of the saved projects compare 2 SVN paths, so the "Data Source" columns in the dialog box are empty. I do observe that the SVN paths are in the SDC file.

Using SQL Data Compare with the 2 SVN paths works correctly. It's just that saving a SDC file is worthless for this comparison since I have to re-select all 4 SVN paths anyway (db + migration scripts for each).

Those SCP files work just fine in SQL Compare (10.1.0.102). In fact, the SDC file also opens in SQL (schema) Compare, but I'm not sure why.