Instance overview not reporting drive information correctly

mfalmfal Posts: 19
edited January 30, 2012 4:25AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I have several instances on a cluster and trying to monitor them through Red Gate Monitor. Each instance has a separate drive LUN assigned to them (i.e. inst 1 - M:, inst2 - N:. inst3 - O:, etc.). Under each drive LUN, we have several different mount points for our files.

When looking at the different instance overviews, all of them only show a single LUN, the O:. I can see all the mount points attached to O:, but all the individual instances are showing the same drive and mount points.

Any information on why this occurs?

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    We've had a few complaints about the drive information, but from what I can tell, SQL Monitor goes to the SQL Server Computer and queries HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices for all values that begin with \DosDevice. So if your drive letter isn't listed in there (and I'm sorry I don't know enough about Windows Internals to say whether a mount point, etc would show up in this key) then you shouldn't see the drive letter in SQL Monitor.
  • The mountpoints do show up, but the problem is that for all instances only one set of cluster drives shows up (the O: drive). I'm looking for why only this drive would show and none of the other cluster drives would appear.
    Not all nodes have the other drives configured in Disk Management?
    What have you got highlighted - the name of the cluster or one of the nodes? Highlighting the SQL Instance name as far as I know doesn't make it show a list of the drives.
  • I've got the instance highlighted. No matter which instance I highlight, it shows the same drive letter/mount point set and not the one assigned to that instance.
    From what I see, SQL Monitor is reporting physical disks rather than logical disks. But it should also report any disks that are configured as a cluster's shared resource.