Error obfuscating DLLs: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException...

joao.portelajoao.portela Posts: 3
edited December 7, 2011 6:49AM in SmartAssembly
Hi,

I'm using Smart Assembly version 6.1.0.48 and I start getting some odd errors during the obfuscation tasks:

Copyright c Red Gate Software 2005-2011
Loading project C:\project\project.exe.saproj
Analyzing...
Preparing...Exception finding database version: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'Information'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.
at ?..?(Exception )
at ..?(Action`1 , Action`1 )
at ..?()
Creating Assembly...
OK

The strange is that the DLLs seams to be obfuscated but I'm not comfortable with the error SA is dumping.

Today I tried to upgrade the SA version to the latest one (6.5.2.21) and I start getting the following error (and DLLs/EXEs are not obfuscated!!!) :

SmartAssembly v6.5.2.21
Copyright c Red Gate Software 2005-2011
Loading project C:\project\project.exe.saproj
ERROR: Memory management is not supported for DLLs

Does anyone can you help me with these errors?

Regards,
João Portela

Comments

• In 6.5 we made the project configuration slightly less tolerant of options that simply don't make sense (in this case, specifying memory management on a dll). If the option isn't available in the UI for you to turn off, you'll need to edit the saproj file directly and change

<OtherOptimizations ManageMemory="1" />

to

<OtherOptimizations ManageMemory="0" />

that should get it working in 6.5.
  • Hi Simon,

Yes, that was the problem. I already found it and change the flag to '0''.

But, although I had no problems during the obfuscation task, I'm having problems in runtime but only in Windows 2008 R2.

The error is happening in a service, and here are the error dump to the event viewer:

Information 07-12-2011 09:36:14 Windows Error Reporting 1001 None "Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: BEX64
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: MyService.exe
    P2: 6.0.1.9
    P3: 4ede58cf
    P4: unknown
    P5: 0.0.0.0
    P6: 00000000
    P7: 0000000000000000
    P8: c0000005
    P9: 0000000000000008
    P10:

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: e722c24a-20b6-11e1-b856-0050569a0050
    Report Status: 0"

This should be a problem with some source code pattern (we already had similar problems in the past), so I'll engage with SA Support team.

Regards,
    João Portela
    Simon C wrote:
    In 6.5 we made the project configuration slightly less tolerant of options that simply don't make sense (in this case, specifying memory management on a dll). If the option isn't available in the UI for you to turn off, you'll need to edit the saproj file directly and change

<OtherOptimizations ManageMemory="1" />

to

<OtherOptimizations ManageMemory="0" />

that should get it working in 6.5.