Search for "*" AND "*"

aaronwardaaronward Posts: 2
Attempting to search for: "Update MyTable" AND "IsActive = 0" amongst all stored procedures returns no results.

However, upon entering a double quote (") the return result set is empty anyhow.

Does this functionality exist at all? If so, how would one go about mastering its technique? :lol:

Thanks!
______
Aaron Ward

Comments

• I usually hate to make "+1" posts, but I agree this is something that is desperately needed. I need to find all procedures where the value of a certain field from a certain table is being used, and if I search for the table name and the field name, I'm going to get a huge number of irrelevant results.

EDIT: Looking at this again, it does appear to do an AND search on a simple list of single-word terms. So my needs are met in that department. Obviously not so good in the original poster's case.

ron

Avoid infestation. Rotate.
  • I assume you are looking for instances of "Select *"

One possible way is locate "*" is to search for "/*" or "\*" (without the quotes) - this will produce results many of which are relevant. I believe this works because of regex, which I think is how the search is being conducted.

Alternatively you could search for "Select *" (again no qoutes) and check the 'Exact Match' option. This will miss things like 'table1.*'.
    The "guest" account really is important ....