Options

unable to detect Base Monitor

thirster42thirster42 Posts: 34
edited October 24, 2011 5:42AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Well, i went to my SQL Monitor 2, and apparently it can't connect to my Base Monitor. I've got everything installed on my local machine. It says to check the service, but i have no idea what service it's looking for.

here's the screenshot i have

6LpPk.png

The install was a standard install, so that should be the port number.

Comments

• Options
    Hi

If you run Services.msc the name of the service is "SQL Monitor 2 Base Monitor". It's possible that this isn't started for some reason.

Hope this helps
    Chris
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate
  • Options
    Well, i feel a little silly. I ended up finding the service. Apparently it failed because the service was running as my username, and i just recently changed my password. Changed the stored password and restarted the service and now everything's fine!
  • Options
    Glad it's working for you.

I think it's a good point that the webpage asks the user to check that the service is running but doesn't actually specify what the service is called. Hence I've raised an enhancement request SRP-3041.

Regards
    Chris
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate
  • Options
    Hello
    I have encounter exactly the same problem, but my Base Monitor is running up and it is under my account (member of sysadmin server role)
  • Options
    Hi,

Is there any kind of firewall betwen the web server and base monitor machine? If yes then you would be required to open the appropriate ports to allow the communication between these two machines.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software