Suggestions alert filtering

JohanNJohanN Posts: 13
edited January 10, 2011 9:07AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi

I´m currently working on tuning my alerts so that I don't have to deal with a lot of repetitive alerts every morning.

For example I have a lot of long-running-queries alerts from my nightly scheduled jobs and I have a need for a few more parameters to filter from:

I have a need for filtering out certain users (loginids used by my SSIS packages for extracting large amounts of data every night)

Some jobs raises the CPU-intensive alert. That alert can only be turned on or off but if I have a job that is run att 11 P.M every night it would be great to be able to tell SQL Monitor to not listen for this alert around that timeframe

/Johan N

Comments

• Hi Johan,

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you not able to filter the long running queries using a process name, command or objects which is unique to these SSIS packages?

We are planning to implement a feature .. what we call 'Maintenance Windows'. This will allow you to stop alerting for a scheduled period. Hopefully this feature will help you for turning off alerting at certain points.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • The Exlude processes option has been very helpful in many cases but not in all. Some of the jobs have process names like "Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio" which would filter out too many long running queries.

The maintenance window option can help me filter out jobs that i know will be run under certain timepriods.

/Johan