Options

HarddiskVolume3 and disk space alarm

mipe10mipe10 Posts: 72 New member
edited January 5, 2011 5:47AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi,
We have a volume with no drive letter assigned to it on every machine installed called BDEDrive(300 MB). This volume is created when the machine is installed used automation. Since they only are 300 MB is size they cause havoc with our “disk space” alarm in sql monitor. These volumes get the designation HarddiskVolume3 (Checked in perfmon) and unfortunately removing the partition after installation is not an option since it could cause severe problems in the future (according to vendor).

Is there any way to get around this? I have seen something similar with HarddiskVolume1 I think!?

Regards

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Are you able to disable or change the configuration threshold for 'Disk space' alert for this particular volume?

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    As far as I'm aware of you can't exclude a certain volume from the disk space alert! Perhaps I'm wrong?
  • Options
    Hi,

You should be able to do this if SQL Monitor is working as expected. Please follow the steps as listed below:

1. Go to Configuration > Alert settings.
    2. Select the machine name on the left hand pane.
    3. On the right hand pane, expand the 'Disk space' alert in the right hand pane. This should show the list of all volumes on this disk.
    4. Then double click the volume, you want to customize. This will open the 'Alert settings' page. Select the 'Cutomize settings for this level' option and make the changes as you like.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Hi,
    You are correct, it was possible. I thought I had learnt the GUI by now but I totaly missed that one.

Thanks for the help!

Regards
  • Options
    Great news that it is working for you.

Regards,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software