The "Source" and "Target" panes

jeffkretzjeffkretz Posts: 8
Forgive me if this is a silly question, but was there a change with SQL Data Compare whereby the Target and Source panes were switched as to switch side they were on?

I recently synced in the wrong direction and had to madly scramble to restore from a backup. It was very stressful.

I then went back through the steps I took (I've used this program hundreds of times in the past without a hitch) and noticed that the SQL Data Compare project window has the Target pane on the left and the Source pane on the right. And the directional arrow is pointing to the left. I could have sworn it used to be the opposite way.

Wondering if I were losing my mind, I loaded up the SQL Compare app, and saw that it is how I expected it to be, Source on the left and Target on the right. I am 99.99% sure that SQL Data Compare had an identical configuration the last hundred times I used it, and wondered it were somehow changed without my noticing.

The only other indicator is that the "color" of the project window is now yellow -- I think it was red before? Perhaps there was some sort of software update that may have caused this change (currently using 8.0.2.5). Note that I cannot find ANY setting that would affect whether the Source pane were on the left or the right side of the project window.

Can anyone shed any light onto this?

Thanks,
JK

Comments