How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

SQL Monitor 14 update failure

Hi, I have backed up my database and have ran through the SQL Monitor 14 upgrade process. On completion I try and access the dashboard but receive a dialog box with the following  messages,

Unable to upgrade the Data Repository schema

There is already an object named 'MonitoredEntities' in the database

Then a few boxes to enter my credentials and Retry the Upgrade.

Again this fails
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,136 Diamond 4
    Hi @easby,

We'll need to get the log files and have a look at what is going on.  I will reach out to you via a support ticket to get that and some further information and then will update here once we have a resolution.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options

Hi all,

After working with @easby in a ticket, the issue is that an old view from v10 remained in the repository that had the same name as a new table being introduced.  Running this before updating (or on the repository database after updating and getting the error above) should allow the schema upgrade to continue:

DROP VIEW [settings].[MonitoredEntities]

Kind regards,
    Alex

• Options
    ThomasBEThomasBE Posts: 14 Bronze 2
    Alex B said:

Hi all,

After working with @easby in a ticket, the issue is that an old view from v10 remained in the repository that had the same name as a new table being introduced.  Running this before updating (or on the repository database after updating and getting the error above) should allow the schema upgrade to continue:

DROP VIEW [settings].[MonitoredEntities]

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Will a revised setup installer be released to check (and potentially solve) this issue during installation?
  • Options
    Hi @ThomasBE,

The view should already have been dropped in Seq284-Seq285 (around v10.0.8-v10.0.13) and this won't affect anyone that started on a version later than 10.0.13. 

The schema upgrade that included the T-SQL to drop the VIEW shows that it has run so either the view was recreated manually afterwards, or there was a modification of the entries in the data repository to cause it to skip the schema step that dropped it to think it was run when it was not.  

Kind regards,
    Alex