Options

Roll back support for oracle

Hi,
I am new to this forum and Redgate as well. I want to use Redgate for our Oracle DLM. Before jumping to this, I need someone help to answer my below queries:
1. Will it support rollbacks for Oracle DB? If so, which tool I have to use?
2. I need a mechanism to generate rollback scripts, any support from Redgate?
3. Any mechanism to verify the deployed databases in various environments?
4. Any mechanism to test the deployed databases to ensure that my schema is deployed without errors?

Thanks in adv,
Vishwa
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Vishwa

I recommend (if you have not already done so) contact the Redgate Sales team <sales@red-gate.com> and request a demo of the Redgate Oracle Tools.

To answer your questions:

Sadly the answer to your questions 1 and 2 is no. There is no Roll Back feature available all 3 Oracle Tools.

In Schema Compare for Oracle, you can create a snapshot file of the target data source before deploying the schema changes to the target. The .onp created can then be used as a data source to compare to the target to reverse any schema changes. However, the snapshot created only handles database objects and includes no rows of data.

For Question 3, use Schema Compare for Oracle to compare the schemas to ensure that the database objects are correct. Use Data Compare for Oracle to compare the data between the schemas compared.

For Question 4, if an error occurs during deployment, the deployment process will fail. Using the GUI, prior to running the deployment phase the user can check to see if there are any warnings generated which may prevent a successful deployment.

There is not a separate mechanism that will run tests to ensure that the schema can be deployed without errors.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com